Criminal Record Bureau Checks
Volunteer Centre Westminster can conduct CRB checks on behalf of your organisation for either members of staff or volunteers. Please see below for the charges that apply: these reflect the Criminal Record Bureau’s charges for this disclosure service as well as VCW’s administration time in processing the checks.
If you would like to find out more information and guidance on CRBs then the following websites may be useful.
1) www.direct.gov.uk/crb - providing information on how and when to apply for a CRB check – primarily aimed at applicants and the general public
2) http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/crb – providing information and guidance about criminal record checks as part of recruitment – primarily aimed at Registered Bodies and organisations thinking about using our services.
3) http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/ – providing corporation information about the CRB and its services, eg background information, legislation, publications – primarily aimed at stakeholders and partners.
All organisations wishing to use VCW's counter-signatory service must sign and return an agreement stating that they comply with the CRB’s code of practice. Please click here to download a copy of our agreement.
It is also essential that you have appropriate policies and procedures in place for dealing with the results of disclosure checks. Applicants should be able to request a copy of your policy detailing how they will be treated if they have a conviction. Your organisation will need to produce and implement the following policies:
(you may find it useful to refer to our sample versions when formulating your own)
CRB COUNTER-SIGNATORY SERVICE CHARGES
BECOMING A NOMINATED IDENTITY CHECKER
- Volunteer Standard Disclosure - £20
- Volunteer Enhanced Disclosure - £20
- Member of Staff Standard Disclosure - £45
- Member of Staff Enhanced Disclosure - £60
If your organisation wishes to conduct in-house identity checks, a nominated person will need to attend a two-hour CRB Identity Checker Training Course at Volunteer Centre Westminster. Charges for this course are listed below:
For course dates and further details please contact Susan Moore.
- Member Organisation Training - £20 per person
- Non-Member Organisation Training - £25 per person
Processing the checks
Any query regarding CRB checks should be direct to Susan Moore
Telephone: 0207 087 4355
We do request that organisations become a member of Volunteer Centre Westminster before CRB checks are undertaken on their behalf. Membership is on a sliding scale (click here to download application form).
This form should be filled in and returned to Nina Popat:
There are numerous benefits of membership beside our undertaking CRB checks and these benefits are outlined within the membership application form. Of particular current benefit is the support we will give to members during the implementation and roll-out of the new Independent Safeguarding Authority through newsletters and free seminars.
Volunteer Centre Westminster: 4 Sutherland Avenue London W9 2HQ | Switchboard: 020 7266 1992|
Registered Charity No. 295501 | Registered Company No. 2052268
| || || |