Westminster Volunteer Awards Ceremony 2012
13th June 2012 - Event Details & The Winners
Volunteer Centre Westminster, in partnership with The Landmark London, will be presenting the VCW Westminster Volunteering Awards, in the Empire Room at The Landmark Hotel in Marylebone, on Wednesday 13th June between 6.45pm and 9.00pm.
The aim of the event:
1. Recognise the outstanding work of volunteers in our community
2. Recognise organisations that demonstrate good practice in how they recruit, induct, manage and develop their volunteers
We are very excited as the 2012 ceremony promises to be a spectacular, enjoyable and uplifting occasion.
Why do we think it will be such a great evening:
- The awards will be hosted at the prestigious 5* London Landmark Hotel, in the delightful Empire Room
- The keynote speaker and prize giver will be Duncan Goodhew (MBE), the British Olympic Gold Medal winner.
- Before the ceremony starts and also at the end, we will be entertained by Kevin Fitzsimmons, a highly talented jazz and swing singer who has appeared on television
- Over 120 nominations were received and trophies will be presented to winners in 7 categories
- You will hear a selection of fantastic stories directly from category winners, and all nominees will also be recognised for their outstanding achievements
- We have the capacity for up to 180 guests; volunteers, councillors, staff, corporate partners and valued guests... a tremendous opportunity to network and have a good time
- The whole event will be FREE!
- We guarantee that you will have a great time, and if not, we will give you your money back!
We cannot think of a better place to spend 2 hours of your evening on Wednesday 13th June!
Please arrive promptly for registration and live music at 18:45, to be seated by 19:05.
Spaces are limited and are being offered on a first come first served basis. There will be a waiting list if we run out of spaces, so please do let us know as early as possible if you can make it, or if you have confirmed but can no longer make it. To register click here: http://vcwawards2012.eventbrite.com
|The awards ceremony will take place at The Landmark Hotel
Organisation Volunteer Award
Joint winners: Home-Start
Youth Volunteer Award
Winner: Ryan Smith – Benjamin Franklin House
Long Serving Volunteer Award
Winner: Peggy Fitzgerald – The Passage
Runner-up: Edmond Yeo – CIAC (Chinese Information and Advice Centre)
Team Volunteer Award
Winner: Real Action Volunteer Team
Runner-up: Westminster Carers Service Trustee Team
Volunteer Impact Award
Winner: Robert Kerr – The Zacchaeus 2000 Trust
Runner-up: Les Truman- The Passage
Transformed Volunteer Award
Winner: Fatima Maurad – Al-Hasaniya Moroccan Women Centre
Runner-up – Malcolm Bresch – The Westminster Society for people with learning disabilities
Special Award for Outstanding Services to Volunteering in Westminster
Joint Winners: Gwyneth Williams (VCW) & Ann Mallinson (Hon Alderman)
Partnership of the year - Time & Talents for Westminster - Employer Supported Volunteering
Winner: Encouragement through the arts (ETAT) & Dept of Health + Westminster City Council - support rota
Highly commended: Pimlico Academy & Microsoft - Pitching Simulation and The Abbey Centre & Land Securities - Trustee support & music event
Commenting on the forthcoming event, Volunteer Centre Westminster’s Chief Executive, Gareth Owen, said:
“This will be a special event for everyone involved. Recognising the work of so many wonderful volunteers is a real privilege. We are extremely grateful to The Landmark Hotel for providing us with such a marvellous venue to deliver the event this year."
Volunteer Centre Westminster: 4 Sutherland Avenue London W9 2HQ | Switchboard: 020 7266 1992|
Registered Charity No. 295501 | Registered Company No. 2052268
| || || |